Monday, October 13, 2003

Programming

I am, sort of, a programmer. I'm actually a 5ess switch engineer/tech guy, for those who know what that is, but my primary job involves dumping, analyzing, and updating the data. This requires that I have familiarity with a variety of data tools, etc. Anyway, I've loaded mysql, Cygwin, and Apache on my laptop for testing purposes. I'm hoping to come up with a graphical 'solution' for my group to do line translations with. Should be fun.

If you are a person who has worked with the basic UNIX commands, and likes working in that environment, but is stuck in the windows world, I highly recommend Cygwin. It gives you a great Unix emulator, for free, with all the bells and whistles. It is a little intimidating to load, but well worth learning how to work with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home