Thursday, April 22, 2004

Better

I got my rebate for the Hard Drive. The funny thing was is that they were messing with me asking for the original UPC code, and they said that I had to send it in to get it. So I search on the box and their is nothing with "UPC" on it, but I compared the number on the bar code to the one on the receipt (which said "UPC") and they matched. I cut out the Bar code, but before I sent it in I decided to email Seagate to check that I had got the right code. Well, they sent back a cryptic email that basically said, "you're getting your check." I thought, sure, and sent in the UPC code and hoped. And I can't believe it, it actually showed up. The thing that's fascinating is that there is no way the UPC could have been processed yet, so I figure that they really cut the check just because I sent the email in.

I have already spent the money. I decided to bite the bullet and get a Sonic upgrade that would handle compressed audio. I downloaded sonic mydvd 5.2 deluxe upgrade ($55.00). And it works! I just put my 4 gig Al file on a DVD+RW, and it had space to spare! That doesn't change the fact that at 4 gig file is kinda crappy, but I'm working on a new file that I hope will be a bit better (I reduced the resolution, but upped the bitrate).

Finally, I see that I am being given an offer to get gmail if I want it. I got a little advertisement when I signed into blogger. I will check it out tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home