Tuesday, May 25, 2004

I got those supportin' computers even though I'm not I.T. and I really don't wanna do it blues.....

Sometimes I think people are deliberately obtuse about computers. My boss had me fix his ProComm setup yesterday. He had lost his directory file(a file full of telnet IP addresses) and claimed that "Office 2003" messed it up. Now this was crap, but as he's my boss I couldn't say that. So, I go over to his machine and fix it in about twelve seconds.

I know this sounds like bragging, but I can't understand how he couldn't know how to deal with this. We've only been using the program for 5 years. I think that he's internalized the idea the he doesn't need to know how to do these things, because I'm just one phone call away. But I am not I.T., and while it's convenient for him(and others) that I can repair these things, it really distracts me from my job(and blogging). Plus, if I'm going to be a translator, a developer, and a Tech Support person, then I'd like all three paychecks.

End of rant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home