Thursday, January 05, 2006

Disney Trip: Day Three

And on the third day, they rested. We originally were planning for this day to be the Universal Studios day, but wisely decided to take it easy instead. After two days of non-stop walking, it was time to relax.

What a place to relax! My wife and brother-in-law(who did most of the pre-trip planning) had decided to stay out of the park this time(on my previous two visits, we stayed at Disney resorts). I thought this was a big mistake, but after I saw this place I changed my mind. We had rented a full sized(>2000 sq feet) house. Five bedrooms, which was just enough for everybody. This house had a big TV(36" flat tube, not a flat panel or anything), small TVs in each bedroom, playstation(with a couple of games), VCR, DVD player, foosball table, pool table, and air hockey table. These last three were in the garage. The price was half of what I paid to stay last time(even less really when you consider that this bill was split into three pieces).

My wife, brother-in-law, and sisters-in-law went out to shop and otherwise busy themselves. The children and I bonded with the couch, TV, and games. This was acknowledged by all as the best day of the vacation. On our next vacation I'm thinking about just staying home and using the money to buy a bigger television.

Tomorrow: Animal Kingdom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home