Monday, November 10, 2003

Getting back to Linux

Now that my CD burning setup has gone ker-futt on my Ginstar Box, I thought that I would rebuild the computer with a Multi-boot setup. I have had this machine set this way before, and I miss being able to use the different OS's. My probable configuration will be Win98SE, WinXPpro, Redhat-Linux 9.0(Shrike). In my last setup, I also had MS-DOS, but I found that I never used it. I will partition the 60 gig HD with three OS partitions(fat32ld,ntfs5.0,extfs3.0) with ten gigs apiece, and a single shared partition for data(fat32) with 30 gigs (roughly). The only issue I have with this, is that Linux seemed to have a problem with my KVM switch. Any time I clicked away after bootup, I couldn't control the mouse any more. I will search and see if this is a common problem, and what, if anything, I can do about it.

Update: found two solutions already:
found one solution.
found another solution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home