Monday, September 13, 2004

Comics stuff

The phrase in the first panel of this Dilbert strip is so true:
My daughter sneezed so the school is sending her home.
I've lost track of the number of colds that have required me to take my son home.

It appears that The Norm is pulling a Calvin and Hobbes, The Far Side, and Bloom County/Outland(Nevermind, now it's Opus, and he's working again) and quitting. Michael Jantz, the Author, cites these reasons:
After eight years of battling the syndicate-newspaper corporations, he felt it was time to move on.
Seriously, Mike, I like the strip, but it isn't that great. I'd stick with making money.

If you're interested, he's asking for donations. If he gets enough money, he'll continue drawing the strip on the web. He ain't gettin' mine.

Finally, I'd like to open up the comments to statements about Opus. It's been out for close to ten months now, and I was wondering what people think of it. Personally, I think it's pretty weak. Not nearly as good as Bloom County or even Outland(which I liked less).

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I've not seen Opus, it doesn't run in the Cartersville Paper, and we rarely get the AJC. I wish I could find it online, but I've yet to find it.

Maybe i'm mistaken, but I wouldn't pay to see any comic strip on the web, and I can't imagine that anyone would. It looks like they want $25 to see "The Norm". That's crazy. I enjoy reading a few strips every morning, but I would do without if I had to pay.

OK, maybe if Larson brought 'The Far Side' back in a web-only pay format I would buy that, but it would have to be cheap.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home