Friday, January 07, 2005

Miscellany

Just a few items for Friday.

  1. On the software front, I wanted to call everyone's attention to Vi Improved, if I haven't already. If you're a programmer or scripter and need syntax highlighting, this editor has got it. Plus about a million functions and extensions. Also, I'm testing out Notepad++, an alternative to Notepad that also has syntax highlighting, open/close bracket/parenthesis highlighting, and several other features I haven't figured out to use yet. Plus, it has a tiny executable and very few supporting files so it opens super fast, just like notepad.
  2. A little Harry Potter diversion. I think that this was inspired by this. But I found the Harry Potter version before I found the other.
  3. You know, I was sure that processor speed improvements had stopped coming(or at least had slowed down). You still can't buy one that is twice as fast as mine(2.5 GHz) and this is almost two years after I bought mine. So what gives? Here's an explanation.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zat Potty zing voz cacky!!!!!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home