Saturday, January 07, 2006

Disney Trip: Day Five

Disney-MGM Studios day. Another tightly planned day. Got there early, got in quick, headed for the Twilite Zone Tower of Terror and the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. We sent the kids over to Voyage of the Little Mermaid, got Fast Passes for the Tower of Terror(It was not operating when we arrived), and stood in line with just about everyone else in the park for the coaster. It took a while to finish this, but it was a fairly decent coaster. We went back to the Tower after this, and I was a little disappointed. I thought the thing rose and dropped a lot further than it did, I'd say that Six Flags' Freefall is more fun.

After this, we rejoined the kids and trundled up to the Backlot tour. This is mostly a snore, but the canyon set portion (lots of fire and water) is pretty fun. After this, we wandered up to Jim Henson's MuppetVision 3D. I enjoyed this show. Exiting this, we found Buzz and Woody doing photos, so we got pics with both of them. We then trundled down to the Lights! Motors! Action! car stunt show.

It was time to eat. While everyone else was eating, my Brother-in-law and I went over and got fast passes to Star Tours. We then got the kids together and herded them to Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage! The Adults caught Star Tours and rejoined the kids. We got in line, but barely made it into the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular. We then walked down to Honey I shrunk the Kids playground. After the previous days scare, I followed my son like a shadow, which meant crawling around in a fake ant hill made for people 4 foot tall and shorter. Tore up my knees pretty well. We then went and saw the Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage! show.

It was late enough in the day now that I felt we had to get into Fantasmic early because of the huge crowd. Once we were in however, we found the place fairly empty, but the park personnel discouraged us leaving. So we waited almost two hours for the show to start. This was my fault, but I had gotten paranoid after we barely made it into the Indiana Jones show. This was the final thing we saw at Disney World. I thought it was a good show, though obviously not quite worth this wait.

The best thing about this day for me was the double(two-kid) stroller I rented. As I said earlier, my endurance was pretty much gone at this point, and I needed a way to transport my son around quickly. He was fairly well behaved in this thing. His cousin sat next to him much of the day as we travelled from attraction to attraction, and they managed to get along fairly well while doing it.

Ride Summary:
Rock'n' Roller Coaster
Twilite Zone Tower of Terror
Backlot Toure
Jim Henson's MuppetVision 3D
Buzz and Woody Photo Op.
Light! Motors! Action!
Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage!
Star Tours
Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
Honey I shrunk the Kid's Playground
Playhouse Disney - Live on Stage!
Fantasmic!

Tomorrow: Roundup on Disney World, traveling, and what's next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home