Saturday, November 01, 2003

Darkwing Tapes

OK, I've captured two new Darkwing tapes. The first was in the generic video format(AVI, 720X480). I then converted it to mpeg2(352X480). The second was captured in mpeg2 at 352X240. I couldn't capture in 352x480 because the Roxio software didn't give me the option. But, I'm going to make two versions of the same episode and test them both to see if I can discern a serious difference. If they look about the same, it will allow me to speed up the production of the DVD's. The file size doesn't change much, so still just 3 episodes per disk.

UPDATE: Oh, I'm also ripping my new The Best of R.E.M. In Time 1988-2003. Who needs Napster, of Kazaa, or whatever, when you got Mike. Thanks Mike! Ooooo! I wanna be... I wanna be... I wanna be... like Mi-ike!

UPDATE 2: OK, the 352x240 was definately inferior to 352x480(I know what your thinking, duh!), but it is weird since the file size is exactly the same for both files. So I'm sticking with 480, which means that I'll have to continue to capture in one format, convert to another, then burn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home