Friday, January 02, 2004

Happy New Year!

Good morning! Had an interesting new year's day. My new sister-in-law came in from the old country. I don't remember if I've mentioned it, but my wife's family is Cambodian. Well, one of my brothers-in-law decided to go and get him a wife from there. They got married a little less than a year ago in Cambodia, and since then he's been working to get her over here. They'll have to get married again here, or at least do a courthouse thing.

She seems nice enough, though I don't really know since I don't speak more than about five words of the language. My wife is having a tough time talking to her as well, since her family has a strong Chinese heritage(her mother was born in China and grew up speaking Cantonese, her dad was a first generation Cambodian with his parents coming from China as well), she is used to speaking with words from Cambodian, Chinese, and English all in the same conversation. Our new sister-in-law, whom I will dub Needa so I don't have to type sister-in-law, only speaks Cambodian, so my wife is having to re-learn some of her old words.

My son entertained everyone with his general insanity. It is customary in Cambodia to eat on the floor on top of a matt. Well, they couldn't get the food down on the floor because Matt wouldn't stop crawling under the matt(hey Matt/matt). The thing is about 12'X12', and my son had a blast crawling underneath it. Matt then proceeded to use one of his new lightsabers to club everyone accidentally. We took it away and waaaahhhh!!! He eventually earned it back after leaving everyone alone for a while.

Well, enough rambling, time to get to work.

saving two links, here and here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home