Thursday, October 07, 2004

Hello, still alive

Been working like mad to finish the current program. It's a total rebuild of my LineTool program. It was originally implemented in VB, but I've migrated into VBA. The primary reason for this is that it works much more smoothely with the Excel spreadsheets my coworkers and I work with. Also, I discovered how to port in the various functions I had originally implemented in PERL. These include pinging a website for the user's current worklist, and creating telnet connection to the switch(though I haven't implemented the latter yet). I've got one more order type to port in, and then I've got to do a few days testing to work out the kinks, but I should soon be up and running.

However, none of this may matter. The rumours are flying thick and fast around here that we are being bought out. There is a possibility that we will either be laid off as a group, or moved to some other state. Either which means I'll be out of a job. I'm not thrilled, but I swear I'll try my best to get out of telecom if it happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home