Thursday, November 27, 2003

Happy Thanksgiving

No blogging so far this week. I've been off, but I've been doing some major work with the PC's. I got Mike's Mom's old Compaq going again, and Mike took it home last night(presario: pentium 133, 1.5 Gig HD). I added an old 1.2 Gig hard disk to it, and also added two two-plug IDE cables, so that Mike can add another Drive if he wants. I don't know how much he will be able to do with this machine, but it was fun to set it up.

Vital Signs
No this week, vacating. But I feel....Larger.

Just a Hunk-a Hunk-a burnin'....
...Disks. I think the 4x is slowly giving out. I have decided to go ahead and buy a 52x24x52 this weekend with my remaining share of the gift card I got for the award. I will then put the old burner in my packard bell for fun. But, the good news is that I got a lot of work out of it before I was done. I used both the dell burner and the ginstar non-stop on teusday and yesterday, and I am down to less than a hundred disks. I figure the new burner will help me speed up this process, and I don't want to use my DVD burner for this kind of thing again.

I put an old 850 MB disk drive in my ginstar, with the idea of playing with the various freeware-shareware disk partitioners and formatters, but it seems to also be giving out, so I will be removing it. Oh well.

All of the Darkwings are in the Dell now, and I am formatting the last of the video captures. I've still got one episode that has a minor sound problem, and I have a partial episode(due to the fact that I taped over the first part of the tape, and managed to clip this one). The partial episode is only missing a minute or so of footage, so I'm going to incorporate it into the disks anyway. Maybe with a little disclaimer in front. The next big project will be my home video and all of my photo's. I've got several type's of photo disk software, I'm not sure which is the best one.

Thanksgiving Stuff
My two nieces, Catherine and Lori, are coming to spend a couple of days at our house. We are going to my wife's old home for dinner, and then bringing them back with us. It should be interesting. I probably wont be posting again until Saturday. Anyway, to all who read this:

Have a Happy thanksgiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home